• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wireless tv out from S3 (possibly) to RCA

mickdw

Lurker
Oct 16, 2012
This is a long shot but here goes,

My in car screen can take video from RCA source (red, white & yellow connectors). Now Ive had a galaxy S connected to this via cable to display phone screen on dash and it worked fine allowing nav etc on car screen with tv out switched on in phone menu. I have been leaving that phone in the car for this specific purpose.
Im now attempting to go alittle more advanced. What I would like is to have an S3 doing the tv out function to some form of wireless receiver. I believe this would be hdmi also. I would then require a converter to change the hdmi to be compatible with the RCA connectors - I believe this requires a powered convertor, not just a cable.
Finally, I would like to locate a NFC tag in the car that would be setup to configure the phone for the required normal car use such as turning on sat nav and tv out when I get into the car.
Im not tied to a particular phone yet but im leaning towards an S3.
Is this a runner or am I dreaming?
The RCA is old tech but im stuck with it and tbh picture quality is fine.
Any ideas?
Is it even possible to mirror the screen like this wirelessly or is it only selected files that can be sent?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones