wirless connection on X10iGeneral

Last Updated:

1. birthofthecool

birthofthecool New Member

Hi folks my X10i detects wireless network and even shows that it is connected.(shows signal strength,speed,IP address).I have BSNL broadband with type 2 modem.Still when i try to access internet it says not connected to network on web page.Please help

Advertisement
  2. beau420

beau420 Well-Known Member

I would first check to see if I could access things on my local network...like download a FTP server app on the phone and then try and access if from my computer.

That would confirm that the network part of it works.

So I assume you have a wireless router and maybe a DSL modem plugged into it?

I would get SwiFTP and install it on the phone. Then I would set a name and password in it (make it whatever I want) Then turn on SwiFTP.

Then on my computer try and access SwiFTP on the phone.

Open a browser and try and goto whatever it's IP is....like ftp://192.168.0.101 or whatever.

If you can confirm it works on your network, then the wireless isn't the problem....it is a proxy issue or something like that.

Maybe your DSL requires a proxy server or some static DNS settings and you have to set that on the phone...but I'd check to see if it can work wirelessly on your network first.