• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wise to upgrade from Gingerbread to ICS?

pvm94

Aug 13, 2012
smartphone novice here!
I understand that you can now upgrade from Gingerbread to ICS, but what are the potential issues?

The phone is the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2, so would all the current apps, features and downloads still work with ICS?

A colleague at work has the S3 with ICS and it seems more 'useful'.

Yes, of couse ICS will be better than anything before and Jelly bean will be even better, we are talking about Google, a company with probably the biggest userbase in the world.

I didn't try it by I'm sure any decent app that worked on 2.x will work on 4.x, actually it can perform even better.

See this comparison: Android 2.3 Gingerbread vs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich - YouTube

Reactions: pvm94
Upvote 0
For the most part, yes. For myself, my Motorola Atrix 4G will have the upgrade in a month or so to ICS. Right now, I don't plan on upgrading though, because I have the Lapdock. I have seen and heard that Webtop 3.0 is more tablet based. (The current version is more windows based, and most of the functionality that I have now will not be there, making the lapdock useless.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones