Wish List for the next Sidekick (4G LX?)General

1. ncmacasl

ncmacasl Well-Known Member

Any Wish Lists for what the Sidekick 4G LX (I am guesstimating the new name of the Next Generation model) should have??

My list:

* A bigger screen (closer to 4 inches).
    * Full Unicode Support, including manual entry of symbols (like Alt+#### on PCs and similar to older Sidekicks). Support for a wider array of symbols via the Symbols key (customizable??).
    * More built-in memory.
    * LED lights that are accessible to a wider array of apps (not just the built-in ones).
    * Smiley Button that works in ALL apps, not just the built-in Texting app
    * If you have to add bloatware (like DriveSmart) allow it to be easily uninstalled.
    *Allow customizable color themes.
    *provide a better font where it is clear the difference between l (lower L) I and 1 (like the older sidekicks did)

Any others you want to add to the list??

Advertisement
    :
  2. 4biddenPlastic

4biddenPlastic New Member

On top of those features listed by ncmacasl, I'd like to see the swivel screen return, flash for the camera, along with a camera that takes HD quality pictures/video. Having an (at least) 8-megapixel camera would be great!
  3. JiN1337

JiN1337 Member

As mentioned above, I would love support for better cameras. And continued support for additional versions of Android that come out down the line. We got a phone at Froyo, and it stayed on Froyo. It was never once upgraded to Gingerbread officially by Samsung. We have dirty unofficial ports of CM6, but I mean, how's that even compare?
  4. chatterweb

chatterweb New Member

Swivel screen and the hidden game are 2 I can think of right now. And crickets, if that is not already a ringtone.
  5. ncmacasl

ncmacasl Well-Known Member

You may be interested in the Sound files collection I have gathered from the original Sidekicks. (Crickets are included, I think)

I have posted the files here on my SugarSync account (similar to DropBox): https://www.sugarsync.com/share/bt8m248oxzcbv
  6. chatterweb

chatterweb New Member

Thank you, I got my SK4g today from New York. It came a couple days late because of the hurricane, but it is awesome!!!!

I tried that link above but it has expired, maybe you can repost it or something?

BTW, I remember you from the old SK Forum that got shut down...your avatar

I am having it rooted on Monday, then activated w/ tmobile for the no contract plan for 60/mo here in the USA. I pay 55/mo now with Cricket.

That is my plan unless I am missing something.

I miss that crickets ringtone, but no biggy. Got the keyboard back, and the feel of the last SK I had, the LX!
  7. lectraplayer

lectraplayer Well-Known Member

My number one request: take it away from Samsung. Most of the problems the SK4G was famed for had other causes and many showed on other devices from Samsung. Other than that, I invision a device looking much like the SK4G for the next Sidekick. It's really a dream to use excluding the OS hiccups. I will want another. Beyond that, I would do things like put a lot of anodized aluminum on it, a few more notification lights, a flash for the camera, move the Jump button with the Home button (press and hold), silkscreen function buttons, and in general move some stuff around on the SGH-T839's frame to make an even more user friendly device (something it excels at anyway).