Wish me luck and first steps?

Last Updated:

1. blugrss4ever

blugrss4ever Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The fedex truck is supposed to get here in the next 30 min. and then I have to rush to work. My first DX was a major lemon, and of course I've been following the troubleshooting posts on the forums and getting more worried by the minute. None of my calls went through with the first phone; it kept reverting to previous screen, and losing signal to a circle/slash. Please send good vibes towards Philadelphia that this phone is actually a workable one!

Also, if anyone could chime in -- I've been a little burned and now want to make sure my battery life, 3G and wifi connections, updates etc. are ducks in a row. What are the very first things I should do? I won't overdo the apps at first, just take it easy. Thanks guys :eek:

Advertisement
  2. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Good luck!

blugrss4ever likes this.
  3. blugrss4ever

OK, Wolfdude, your luck wishing is very effective. Received it, activated it, so far so good....:)

4. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Good to hear, I will have to try and give more good lucks.;)

So have you had any of the same issues?

5. HalfFrozen

HalfFrozen Well-Known Member

Did they give you a free case? :p

6. blugrss4ever

No free case, but {{{{{{{drumroll}}}}}} so far so good! OMG, it's really a great phone. Sound is good (no buzzing), calls go through, texts go through, connectivity is great (bars and 3G), and indoor photos so far are really good, too.

I should download a knocking-on-wood app.

Wolfedude, weren't you having problems with yours?

I suppose I should check whether I need the OTA update, but I was so burned that I'm afraid to look :eek:

7. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Droid X family! lol It truly is a great phone. I got it on launch day and still can't stop playing around with all the customizations, apps, and widgets!

8. Phoenix Zero

Phoenix Zero Well-Known Member

I get mine tomorrow! Can't wait :D

9. butthead007

butthead007 Well-Known Member

May the force be with you....

On a side note, my daughter is laying on the couch with my Droid X playing with it. Sigh......

I sincerely hope this replacement device works out better. The only problem I have had is the memory card went bad. Ordered a 32 gig from Verizon (I will not tell you what I paid for it cause I hate being called names ;). 32 gig card arrives. defective...lol. Sigh. New replacement card in the mail.

Verizon does support the warranty on accessories so take note.

And yes, I do work for Verizon. I hope your new phone works out better!

10. Joan006

Joan006 Well-Known Member

I just traded my incredible for droid x and i LOVE LOVE it! It does a few more things that my inc didn't. I needed a larger phone due to my need for and my refusal to get bifocals.
    GREAT phone! My inc always took washed out indoor pics because of the flash, this one doesn't. This has way more ringtones/alert sounds. It's also not as sensitive to the touch. and, i haven't hung up on or dialed anyone on accident, which I was always doing on the inc.
    This phone will be my keeper phone!!!