Wish stock camera worked like Goggles appSupport

Last Updated:

1. jiggaDROID

jiggaDROID Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I would LOVE if the stock HTC camera gave you the ability to take pictures the same way that the Google Goggles app works. Having a touch icon right on the screen which auto-focuses and snaps the shot is so convenient. I always end up shaking trying to click that little joystick and have to take a picture 5 times before I get it right.

Does anyone know of a way to get the HTC camera to function similarly, or are there any apps out there that let you do this?

Advertisement
  2. grimstar

grimstar Active Member

If you touch and hold on a certain spot it will focus on that spot and take a picture.

jiggaDROID likes this.
  3. jiggaDROID

Wow, I'm an idiot. Is this something new from 2.2? I could swear I tried doing this early on when I got the phone and it didn't work.

Thanks for the response and tip!

4. AndroidRider

AndroidRider Well-Known Member

Been doing it since 2.1, keep your finger on the spot for a bit, sometimes it takes a little bit for it to focus and snap the pic.

5. grimstar

grimstar Active Member

Nope not new. Mine was a little quirky back with 2.1 and would sometimes just do the autofocus and decide not to take the picture (which might have been what you experienced) but it has been great with me since 2.2.

6. jiggaDROID

Good call, I actually remember now that is what was happening. Would focus, then not snap the pic. I just tried now and it works flawlessly. Takes a little longer than what would be ideal, but still better than getting 5 blurry pics before 1 good one.