wish verizon would get one of these!!!

Last Updated:

1. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

PPCGeeks.com Meet The HTC Evo 4G, Sprint’s First 4G Mobile Device

Sprint EVO, looks to put the N1 in a squeeze, this thing has some really great specs. wonder if it could be ported over to verizon, out here in the sticks it'll be a couple years till verizon gets 4G out this far so I would have no need for that.. even if the 4G was LTE instead of Wi-Max

Advertisement
  2. Ricochet1027

Ricochet1027 Member

Oh I hope VW will have this by Jun/Jul. I don't care I've been waiting to use my upgrade since October.

3. vandyblackandgold

vandyblackandgold Well-Known Member

WiMax and LTE use different technology....not gonna happen

kind of like right now how you cant just swap sim cards and use a vzw phone on another network....

besides....vzw is a major player. you know that when they release their 4g phone (at least i would like to think) that it is going to be something big....look at the press blitz they delivered for the droid....

4. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

5. vandyblackandgold

Clearwire CEO Bill Morrow is speaking from Clearwire's point of view, not cell phone manufacturers.

Clearwire's CEO Bill Morrow said the looming 4G standards battle is not a big issue because the company has flexible equipment that can shift from WiMax to Long-Term Evolution technology relatively easily..... Many of Clearwire's routers are compatible with WiMax and LTE, and a shift would essentially only require a software update, Morrow said.

good to know that clearwire has taken this stance to know that if WiMax collapses and dies for any reason, they can catch up with industry standards and not lose too much ground. it still stands though that Morrow even admitted that their equipment has two different types of technology inside and a new programming would have to happen before they can switch from WiMax to LTE, which means phone manufacturers would have to do the same.

6. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It seems as if my post started the 4G debate in this thread. NOT what I intended, there are other threads for that. I understand the difference in Wi-Max, and LTE. my statment for porting this phone over to verizon stems from the fact that this phone is ALSO a CDMA phone, so it has 2 radios built into it. And as I stated, I wouldn't even be looking for ANY sort of 4G system for a couple years coming to where I live.

7. vandyblackandgold

gotcha. fair enough. it is a very sexy phone. love its features.

8. cronin1024

cronin1024 New Member

wish verizon would get one of these

[​IMG]

bollin likes this.
  9. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Verizon won't activate a phon unless it has a verizon logo on it.

10. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member

Hhahahahahaah true story!

11. mdorno

mdorno Member

Not exactly true. I am still on a Alltel Contract and I went from a Alltel PPC6800 to a Verizon Curve. And very shortly I will go back to a Alltel Touch Pro.

So it can be done. Albeit with circumstances.

12. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Technically we are both right. Vzw owns alltel now, so the alltel logo is the vzw logo in a way. Kind of like sprint and nextel are synonomous.