Witchitaw Kansas?

Last Updated:

1. BigHAZE

BigHAZE Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I live in Atlanta, and have been in Orlando for the last week. Whenever I do a speed test...it only finds the server in Witchitaw Kansas? Isn't there something closer? To be honest, my 3g coverage was spotty around the Disney World parks and the reception at my hotel room in Caribbean Beach was abysmal. It was roaming most of the time, so my battery died pretty quickly. In Atlanta my coverage is OK, but this week it has been pretty bad, and switching from TMobile to Sprint to get this phone...I thought the coverage would be better.

So why am I locked into a server in Wichitaw? Anyone?

TIA

Haze

Advertisement
  2. as329

as329 Well-Known Member

Try turning on your gps then selecting a closer server

BigHAZE likes this.
  3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Depends on what speed test app you are using. Some will only use their servers, which there may only be a few. Others will let you use different servers.

4. HTCRALEIGHFAN

HTCRALEIGHFAN Well-Known Member

i am in atl staying at the ritz on peachtree and lastnight when i got here i was getting a good 3.0 to 4.0 upload

better speeds then where i live in raleigh, nc

and yes turn yah gps on and you will see a huge list of ga servers and fla servers

the service here in atl is freaking awesome also!!!! everywhere i go full bars on 3g and 3 bars on 4 g!!!!

5. Traceamount

Traceamount Well-Known Member

Im only 2 hours west of ATL in AL. Been looking for an excuse to go over that way and check me out some 4g :D Cant wait for it to worm its way over towards Birmingham!

6. Mistiq

Mistiq Well-Known Member

Do like everybody else said and do hte GPS thing, I would also advise using another app fot the testing. (i'm not a big believer in speedtest personally) I haven't used this but try FCC Speedtest, and see if it helps you out at all.

7. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

im in atlanta also and i see that.. what you have to do is wait until the GPS icon starts up... give it a few seconds then go in and you will see the atl server...

BigHAZE likes this.
  8. OldRoman

OldRoman Well-Known Member

I get Wichita also and by the way there's no no "w" on the end :D of course I do live in Wichita, KS. I'm still waiting for 4G to get here.

9. HTCRALEIGHFAN

HTCRALEIGHFAN Well-Known Member

the server lists change constantly from ks to local with or without gps on no clue why.

10. BigHAZE

BigHAZE Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks all.

Is there a way to FORCE it to use a closer server when we surf the web and stuff?

:)

11. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

i eventually deleted the app as i was useless to me. those speeds are no where near correct..

anyway, after seeing KS pop up as local server, i just waited a couple seconds after i opened the app and Atl always stayed as the default server based on GPS location. never had any issues with it after i figured that out...

BigHAZE likes this.
  12. JMac202

JMac202 Well-Known Member

Good to see another fellow Wichitan on the board.

13. Elec7ric

Elec7ric New Member

One thing I believe is that cox communications is the cable provider in Atlanta and wichita so your ip from Atlanta will run through the wichita servers from time to time.