With all the talk of a soon to come OTA...

Last Updated:

1. Hand76

Hand76 Guest This Topic's Starter

We will have the option to either accept it or decline it so we don't lose root?

Also lets say the OTA gets installed and locks you you of root, what state will our phone be in? If you removed some of the preinstalled apps they will still be gone after the OTA correct?

Advertisement
  2. mb01

mb01 Banned

will remove root. phone will be exactly as it was before you accepted ota, just without root, and with whatever came in the ota.

3. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member

I'm scared of losing root too but I really want 720p recording. I really want to keep my flashlight app. I use that thing all the time. I could care less about wifi tethering though. My company already pays for an additional USB data card for my laptop.

4. Diabl0

Diabl0 Well-Known Member

From what I've read about root and OTA updates, the devs get their hands on the update and make it work with root. I'm not sure if they can do that with all of them or what, but I would wait a few days after the update and see what happens.

5. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member

Yup, thats my plan. Let the smart guys rip it apart and make an update that gives us the new goods without killing root.

Waiting sucks though:(

Diabl0 likes this.
  6. Hand76

And let me add that I hope the devs give us a version without the new boot animation as I am happy with the custom made one I have now and don't want it overridden.

7. Diabl0

Diabl0 Well-Known Member

I agree, plus I don't even like the new version. I'm sorry, but I don't want a commercial on my phone. :)

8. execute_method

execute_method Active Member

All you would have to do is re-push the one you are using now.... Only takes a minute.

9. Dahg

Dahg Well-Known Member

has anyone discovered a way to prevent the updates? will we be asked ? I believe there is an update apk... I wonder if moving that to my disabled folder will stop updates...

anyone have info on this?

10. Hand76

Yea that's why I made this thread to try and find this out beforehand.

If I wake up one morning and see my phone rebooted and the update applied I will flip....

11. Diabl0

Diabl0 Well-Known Member

They give you the option of whether or not you want to update when an OTA update comes through. From what I understand it's never an auto update. :)