• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help With some of the problems, Would you still have purchased your skyrocket?

What's up guys, Just switched from Sprint to ATT. I went with the samsung gs2 skyrocket. After reading a lot of problems some of you are having. I'm just wondering is this more an isolated problem or do a lot of these phones have some of the issues you all are having? Even with the problems some of you are having are you still happy you bought your skyrocket? I should receive my phone this week. I will have 30 days to decide wether or not I want to trade it in for a different phone. Needless to say(as I'm sure I'm about to get flamed) If the skyrocket craps out on me i'll most likely go to an iphone 4s. I had an Iphone 4 before switching to Sprint where I got my first android phone. So let me say this, I love the android platform so much more than I could ever love the Iphone's OS. With that said......I never had 1 issues with either my 3gs or iphone 4. Where as with my HTC Evo In less than a year I have been trough 4 of them. ....I do not want to end up in that situation again! It sucks having to pay for phone insurance and then shell out a deductible. And in the Skyrocket's case the deductible is $199. So what are your opinions? What can i expect from this phone?

I had no problems whatsoever and I love the phone. It does what I had expected it to do and more. It is amazingly fast and very versatile. And it is incredibly durable. Despite dropping a number of times, the phone works excellently and it does not even have a scratch.

It is an excellent phone. From what I understand, the ICS update further increases speed.

Upvote 0
I'm on my third Skyrocket since February of this year, first one had the issue with the 2.3.6 update, second one had a problem with the email application running consistently and AT&T throttled my data speed because I used over 5GB of data in 10 days they did give me a credit of $30 since it wasn't my fault and I even have the unlimited data plan.

Third SR has been great! Still love the phone and my battery life has been excellent I have 15 hours on my current battery! I did purchase a spare battery and charger.

I had issues with all of my Iphones, bad battery life and updating OS all the time one of the reasons I switched to Android a few years ago. First Android device was the Atrix and it had the random reboot issue, I'm a strong believer that all phones have issues.

Upvote 0
I'm a strong believer that all phones have issues.

This about sums up life with any phone: Some will love it, some are "meh", and others actively despise it. In the end, if it works for you it's a good one. If it doesn't suit you, you can either return it soon for another one phone or there's many a phone to be bought out there on the market - you'll just end up paying more for it used/ off contract.

Regardless, I hope it was a good choice for you!

Upvote 0
I so love the Skyrocket but after several problems and returns Best Buy tired of me suggested i switch phones... I did...to the new Note but I miss my Skyrocket. It was just perfect even with a few problems it still worked better than my Iphone 4 and was smaller than the Note.
Before my trial is over can anyone tell me which phone they like the best and why?

Upvote 0
I am on day 5 with my SR and not happy! On days 2, 3 and 4, it kept shutting itself off and I had to remove the battery to restart it. On day 4, while I was using Maps, I accidentally pressed the "power on/off" button. The phone began making this loud, shrieking noise that I could not stop until I again pushed the "power on/off" button. Then the damn thing shut itself off and I cannot get it to turn back on!
I have removed the battery, charged it overnight, checked both cards (they are fine), put in hubby's battery, put my battery in his phone (it worked there), tried to connect to my computer, removed and replaced the battery about 16 times.

H _ E _ L _ P ! ! ! ! ! I have to have a working phone!!!!!

Upvote 0
Only a few options for you, if you can get it to turn on do a factory reset on the phone. Only other option have them send you a new phone well within your warranty.

I am on day 5 with my SR and not happy! On days 2, 3 and 4, it kept shutting itself off and I had to remove the battery to restart it. On day 4, while I was using Maps, I accidentally pressed the "power on/off" button. The phone began making this loud, shrieking noise that I could not stop until I again pushed the "power on/off" button. Then the damn thing shut itself off and I cannot get it to turn back on!
I have removed the battery, charged it overnight, checked both cards (they are fine), put in hubby's battery, put my battery in his phone (it worked there), tried to connect to my computer, removed and replaced the battery about 16 times.

H _ E _ L _ P ! ! ! ! ! I have to have a working phone!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones