1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

With t-mobile's tethering...Support

1. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

do you get charged for using t-mobile's wifi hotspot app? I want to use it to connect my iPad and iPod touch while I'm on the go, (in the event I ever even need to), but I don't want random new charges appearing on my phone bill. right now, I pay 60 dollars a month for unlimited data and web and 500 calling minutes. can I use their app free of charge, or will they charge me for using it ? Also, will I be charged for using tgere t-mobile tv ?

Advertisement
  2. buckeyedroid

buckeyedroid Well-Known Member

there is no charge for tethering, there is a 30 day free trial
    of t-mobile t.v., and then it is 10/month
  3. 4g4win

4g4win Well-Known Member

When does the trial period begin? Once you install the app?
  4. buckeyedroid

buckeyedroid Well-Known Member

you don't install the app, it comes pre-installed.
    when you first go into the app and start watching tv, it will
    tell you that you have a 30 day trial, if you don't want it you
    go into settings and cancel before the 30 days is up
  5. saywhuut

saywhuut Member

I want to get the mytouch 4g now that I am hearing teathering is free, but why is there a $10 option on the t-mobile page for wifi hotspot if teathering is free? thanks
  6. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Member

Good question....anyone?
  7. SUPERGALAXYS

SUPERGALAXYS Well-Known Member

8. RussianSpring

RussianSpring Member

Is the speed and reliability good compared to Tmobiles plan? I've used 12gb of tethering this month and I pay for the $15 plan.
  9. techiegirl

techiegirl New Member

@RussianSpring: How's your speed after 12gb? I hear they start throttling you after 5gigs.

I am paying for the $15 charge, but I do use the wireless hotspot every day and go over 5gigs regularly. (Just signed up with tmo, so I'm not familiar with the free wifi hotspot.)
  10. lgonzal3

lgonzal3 Active Member

Tmobile doesnt charge you for using the Wireless Hotspot App on the myTouch4G i've been using it for 2 months now and theres no extra charges on my bill. I normally use it to provide my iPad with wifi and it works great. I never go over the 5gigs however.
  11. techiegirl

techiegirl New Member

I called T-Mobile today. Without directly saying it's free, the c/s person says if I can activate the wireless hotspot feature with without an error message, then it should be fine.

I logged online and removed the $15 feature. I do notice that it's not possible to re-add the feature online.

Thanks all for the suggestion.