1. Kdash9

Kdash9 Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

By never using your phone

3. madiom

madiom Well-Known Member

Check out some of the ROMs out there that have optimized battery life. I am using Baked Snack and set CPU, the combo has gotten me way better battery life. I was at a good 10-15% percent drop per hour, Once I changed to Baked Snack it definitely got better. Then I started using set CPU and today I am 10% every 3-4 hours depending on mu usage. I use my phone for work so I have a lot of emails coming in the change in battery life is way noticeable.

4. FestoKGB

FestoKGB Well-Known Member

As you can see in the shots, phone idle and cell stanby make up 54% of the usage. That means he wasn't really using any of the "smartphone" features of the phone. If he was websurfing, game playing, picture taking, tweeting and texting, etc. his usage would look much different.

If you use the phone heavily, expect the battery to discharge quickly. It's just a fact of life with a big, powerful, feature packed phone.

5. Kdash9

Kdash9 Member This Topic's Starter

True i guess.

6. GrandMasterBirt

GrandMasterBirt Well-Known Member

I've been trying to figure this part out too. The latest stock rom + stock kernel from the OTA is giving me 1%/hr drain on battery with underclocking my setcpu.

7. madiom

madiom Well-Known Member

Are you saying thats bad or good? 1% an hour is really good especially if you are using it as intended.

8. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

What does that mean?

Using my phone as intended?

My usage may differ from yours but by no means am I using my phone as it was not intended. It is not like I am trying to use my phone as a hammer and drive nails.

What gives you the right to decide what is proper phone use and what isn't?

9. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Relax man haha. He's just talking about people that use the phone as if it were a normal flip phone compared to users who take advantage of all the Evo's features.

10. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

I am always relaxed and one of the most laid back people I know...lol

I understand what they were saying but it is irritating to see people saying you are not using the phone as intended when they see someone getting good battery life.

Who defines the intent?

11. madiom

madiom Well-Known Member

Easy man, I just couldn't tell if you were saying that 1% an hour was good or bad. I see people complaining all the time that they are only getting 2 days of battery life (exaggeration) and are disappointed because they got 3 days from their Motorola Razor.
    I was just trying to understand which angle you were coming from. 1% an hour is really good, and by "as intended" I meant that some people turn everything off and only use the phone for only 3 text a day so they can save battery. I have no Idea how you are using your phone since you didn't provide that much detail. All I wanted to do was offer some help if you needed it. I thought you were having the same issue as the OP, and I was trying to say that who cares what your system on/off times are if you only have 1% an hour drain.
    I am bummed and will now probably never post again. :(

Just kidding, its easy to misinterpret posts. ;)