WMP 12 Sync By Song?

Discussion in 'Android Media' started by Rick76, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Rick76

Rick76 Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Sales Management
    North of Toronto
    I run a Galaxy Note 4 and an iphone 6S. I generally use iTunes for my default player/aggregator as I generally send music/movies to my Apple TV/Home Theatre. But also have WMP 12 set up to add any new songs I download into iTunes.

Because I had many issues in the past with previous versions of WMP and syncing to my phones (even with original Windows phones), I ended up just dragging a dropping large chunks of music over to my Note 4. I currently have over 6,000 songs on a 128 GB SD card.

My problem is this: I would like to stop having to drag 'n drop and just sync like I do with iTunes. The first problem I see is that in the WMP 12 right hand pane, it shows my Note 4 when connected but its highlighting the internal storage instead of the SD card. How do I change this?

Secondly, everything I have read recently says to drag 'n drop your playlists over. I have no playlists in WMP 12, only in iTunes, and frankly I don't care. I just want a simple sync routine where I plug my Note 4 into my laptop and WMP 12 opens and syncs any new songs that have been transferred from iTunes and added to WMP since the last time I connected. Is this asking too much? And of course, when/if I do this initial sync, I don't want any of my existing songs changed, just any new ones added. In this case about 18 albums since my last drag 'n drop session.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement