Wmv?General

Last Updated:

1. arock

arock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So according to HTC the eris is supposed to play wmv file formats. Well I have a video on my phone that is wmv and the phone will not play the video. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Yosef

Yosef Well-Known Member

Make sure the video is WMV 9. It can't play anything under version 9.

3. dlsgap

dlsgap Member

there are apps you can download to solve this. I came across this same issue.. and i still get frustrated when I'm on the go and want to show a buddy something on Youtube and it just pops up sayin that the video can't be played.

I searched the App Market for WMV and then again for Video. Seemed all the reviews for the apps that would play avi, wmv, mp4, etc... were all negative. So it was kinda a shot in the dark to try one. The one i ended up tryin is xflash which downloads as a trial... it works ok... well a lil less than ok, video is a bit jumpy and the sound wasnt quite sync'd up. I believe the full version is like 13 bucks and it supposed to be better but i'm not sold on payin 13bucks extra for an app to make a supposed smart phone play a basic video format

4. davros

davros Well-Known Member

hmmm i wasn't aware that xflash even worked on our eris's, cool

5. dlsgap

dlsgap Member

well it was a shot in the dark when i woke up this morning cus this girl i know sent me a couple videos (no i wont forward them so dont ask) that I wanted to see but didnt have access to my laptop at the moment... it worked with those for the most part. video dis freeze a bit but it was watchable