• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WolframAlpha-competitor and personal assistant

emimull

Lurker
Sep 18, 2012
Hello,

I have created a large system in C that, if put on a portable device, could act as an advance personal assistant and answer engine without requiring an internet connection. It is also easily extendible by the user.

Have just started out learning Android development and so I was thinking maybe somebody with more skill in the Android department would be willing to work together with me? :) Interfacing with the C-system through Android's NDK would be required.

For an online and very rudimentary demonstration, see Alumis. The system functions on three layers.

Layer 1: A new object-oriented programming language written from scratch. Very human-language like. Similar to Python in what it supports, syntax is not.
Layer 2: The standard library, written in the above programming language. Implements questions, commands, units, etc.
Layer 3: User input. Uses the standard library.

These layers combined, enables the system to understand questions, commands and more. Currently, all user input builds on the following, small library: http://alumis.no/standard library.txt (undocumented). A little more work and the engine could understand a lot more questions. Some pressing matters in the kernel however, are prioritized at the moment.
A 1 GB database on the phone, should enable users to get answers to a huge amount of questions.

So if anybody is interested, please send me a mail? :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones