• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WolframAlpha to Head to Android Market October 6

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
I must admit: I didn***8217;t fully understand the concept of WolframAlpha when the ***8220;computational knowledge engine***8221; was first announced. After using it a few times, I still don***8217;t. That***8217;s not the matter here, though. They***8217;ve announced that they***8217;ll be heading to the Android market with their very own app that should put all of that [...]

More...

I remember when they launched the iPhone app, I think they were charging something like $50 or more for it! And all you had to do was go to the site for basically the same thing. They even had a mobile site! They did eventually disable that, guess they thought people would then go spend a bunch of money for the app.

Upvote 0
^$50 for the app?? LOL!!

I just tried the website. Wow.

I wanted something like this for adding, multiplying measurements when cooking. Usually I search Google and eventually find the answer. Its great for calculating the rated talk and standby times for these phones that only give the times in minutes.

Very handy site.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones