wonder if ill need to install the OTA brick update before froyo?

Last Updated:

1. Twistax

Twistax Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The one that bricked phones and eff'd up my vibrate mode on my 1st evo.

Hmmmm anyone know?

Advertisement
  2. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

Are you talking about 1.47.651.1 - 21.43 MB that bricked phones? Or are you talking about 1.47.651.1 - 30.15 MB the replacement for the bad update?

I wondered the same thing in the main stickied Froyo topic. I didn't think it really needed its own thread. But I am still looking for the answer.

After I got my replacement Evo (Light Leak, raising screen, button flare, blown earpiece, etc.) I decided NOT to install 1.47.651.1 - 30.15MB and just stick it out for a month until Froyo. Will we be able to install Froyo without installing 1.47.651 update? Will the software updater have Froyo availible or will it just keep showing me 1.47.651 over and over until I install it and clear it.

Maybe someone that has had other Android phones can give a little clarity.

---Edit---
    Its a few hours later and my phone now says "Your phone is up to date - There are no new updates available for your phone" when I try to update. Whereas before it would prompt me for the 1.47 update every time. They must be clearing the tracks for the Froyo Express!

3. Twistax

Twistax Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im talking about 1.47.651.1 - 30.15 MB
    because the 1.47.651.1 - 21.43 MB caused some BS to happen to my first evo, hence the replacement.

I decided no to install the 1.47.651.1 - 30.15 MB after i received my replacement, and my current Evo is fine ;p

4. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

Just wanted to follow up on these threads for the original posters. I HAD to install the 1.47... upgrade before OS 2.2. It was programmed in to be a requirement. I did them back to back with a factory reset in between (Back up your data!) and everything came out perfect in the end. Official Froyo is working like a charm.