1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Wonder why Angry Birds isn't working?

1. Last week Rovio released a beta version of their world wide popular game Angry Birds on Android (Grab the Angry Birds LauncherPro icons). Apart from a few issues regarding different handsets, the release was a great success. The highly addictive game runs very smoothly, and the 15 levels included were extremely enjoyable with a couple of them being quite challenging.

If like me, you have obtained three stars on all of the 15 levels you will be thinking to yourself

Advertisement
  2. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

i have it on my phone and it works just fine!
  3. Some Eris users couldn't get it to work. Dunno what screen the Eris has but WVGA isn't supported yet.
  4. Rota

Rota Well-Known Member

I wasn't able to even see the app on the market on my girlfriend's Eris. Anyone else having that issue?
  5. Find the .apk for it. Just install it using Astro.
  6. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

Did that, then when using Astro i get some error about not enough memory. I freed up an additional 30mb of space and still getting the same error.
  7. jhewit22

jhewit22 Well-Known Member

I get the same error...and have deleted about 15 apps to try and make it work, and still doesn't go through
  8. Well, maybe you guys should get an iOS device.
  9. jhewit22

Don't want an iOS device...like my Eris
    lambo172 likes this.
  10. Then, you're SOL. I'm running it on both an iOS device and Droid without issue. Maybe a future release will fix compatibility issues. They have it running on a Hero, although with some lag.
  11. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

no need for an ios device. just root, go with 2.2, install it to your SD and enjoy!
  12. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

The Eris is WVGA. Which is probably why some people are reporting issues with it. I can't get it to start on my phone either.
  13. SyDTRaKKeD

SyDTRaKKeD Well-Known Member

it works great on my eris... its just not optimized for our screen size...
  14. swe3t23

swe3t23 Well-Known Member

can't find it
  15. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

It works for me.
  16. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I'm running it on xtrROM 4.2 with no problem. When I tried it on xtrROM 4.5 it was lagging a bit.
  17. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

WVGA is 'Wide' VGA 800x480.
    The Eris is HVGA or 'Half' VGA 480x320.

Angry birds works just fine on my Eris.
  18. kujayhawks77

kujayhawks77 Well-Known Member

According to Rovio's website "Angry Birds Lite Beta will run on second generation Android devices and upwards."

The Eris is considered a first generation android device due to the lower end specs. So if you are lucky enough to get it to work good for you! :) Otherwise you might be SOL (keep in mind though it is still in beta and you never know what might happen).
  19. mhseris

mhseris Well-Known Member

Found it in the marketplace, downloaded/installed uneventfully, runs fine. Very addictive! (I first tried downloading the .apk and using a file manager to install; kept getting the "out of space" error. Then went to the marketplace on spec, and there it was.)
  20. jhewit22

What marketplace did you find it in? What is the "marketplace on spec" you mention?

Thanks!
  21. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Dem H's and double-yas lookin' so similar.
  22. mhseris

mhseris Well-Known Member

The Android Marketplace. Just looked again tonight - searched for "angry bird" and there it was.

"Went to the marketplace on spec" just means I didn't really expect to find it, went there (the Android Marketplace again) on the chance that it would be there.
  23. da man

da man Well-Known Member

If you can't get it to install on your Eris, try another ROM. I couldn't get it to work on mine, then I changed ROM's the other day. Yesterday I decided to just try again and it worked. Played it for like three hours straight.
  24. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Addictive little bugger isn't it! :)

It does definitely play better on some ROMs than on others. I personally haven't hit one that it doesn't play on, but I have no problem believing that there are some.
  25. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It sure is addictive. Wish the full version was available somewhere, could probably waste a whole week of my life with it.