• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wondering about the screen resolution

dsa1971

May 20, 2010
I'm a former iPhone user. I was happy with the iPhone but got bored with it. I'm still getting used the EVO. I love the screen size and the notification system. One thing I'm concerned about is the resolution. I've noticed in apps such as MLB At Bat it is not as crisp as the iPhone and the video in the app is not as crisp as it was on the iPhone. I don't think the resolution is bad but it concerns me that it will start to really bother me. Anyone else having these concerns?

I'm a former iPhone user. I was happy with the iPhone but got bored with it. I'm still getting used the EVO. I love the screen size and the notification system. One thing I'm concerned about is the resolution. I've noticed in apps such as MLB At Bat it is not as crisp as the iPhone and the video in the app is not as crisp as it was on the iPhone. I don't think the resolution is bad but it concerns me that it will start to really bother me. Anyone else having these concerns?
The resolution on the EVO is better then the iPhones. I haven't tried the apps you are talking about, but others have wrote there are a lot of programs that are being converted from the iPhone and not really changed to fully support the EVO's resolution yet, which is the reason for the sub par resolutions on the EVO. When they decide to make the apps for the EVO's resolution, it should be sharper then the iPhone. Until then, we are just getting stretched graphics is what people have said....

Reactions: dsa1971
Upvote 0
The resolution on the EVO is better then the iPhones. I haven't tried the apps you are talking about, but others have wrote there are a lot of programs that are being converted from the iPhone and not really changed to fully support the EVO's resolution yet, which is the reason for the sub par resolutions on the EVO. When they decide to make the apps for the EVO's resolution, it should be sharper then the iPhone. Until then, we are just getting stretched graphics is what people have said....

Thanks. That makes sense. Of course it sucks but hopefully it will get corrected.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones