1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Wondering about the wildfire over the desire

1. VincentVega

VincentVega New Member

Is it true that the HTC Wildfire has an amoled screen and that it improves battery life a lot? On this site it says it does but on other sites about the Wildfire I can

Advertisement
  2. fjdouse

fjdouse Active Member

No I believe it's LCD, and very low res. I do not know about this Swipe thing, I'm not aware of any such thing on my Wildfire. After a few days, expect to recharge 1 to 2 times a day use.

Get the Desire, really, really go for the Desire. The Wildfire is slow, laggy, poor battery, horrid QVGA display and because of it, get used to seeing "NOT FOUND" when trying to get apps.

I wish I'd gone for the Desire instead but I'm holding out for the Desire HD/Ace now.
  3. scrapbook

scrapbook Active Member

In comparison with what?
  4. scrapbook

scrapbook Active Member

5. fjdouse

fjdouse Active Member

In comparison with the Desire. :)

Given the choice of both devices, the Desire is a better option, IMHO.
  6. KX36

KX36 Member

Is the desire really the best bang for buck? it costs twice the price, is it really more than twice the bang?
  7. amg_1969

amg_1969 Well-Known Member

NO! I have found the wildfire brilliant, took it out for its first drive today, Google Navigation got me to the door, never lost GPS once all together a round trip of around 40 miles, now it is sat on my desk with a GPS lock inside the house, again not lost it once. I have listened to about 1 hour of internet radio today, made several phone calls and sent several SMS, the phone has not been charged since yesterday, and it still has 68% battery life.

In my opinion that is something MY Desire could NOT do.

Andrew
  8. jesper10

jesper10 Member

+1

Totally agree Andrew, my WF is far superior to my Desire in every way. The only way it is not is good is the screen (which is no great issue, I don't watch videos etc on it), and there is sometimes a slight lag when texting.

Other than that though, the reliability is far superior to the Desire, but I presume I just got a duff Desire.
  9. KX36

KX36 Member

Whether the wildfire or desire are better is subjective to people's anecdotal experiences, but I think nearly everyone would say the wildfire's better value for money, so stating that the desire's more bang for buck is not correct.