• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wondering how to theme?

Starfall

Lurker
May 17, 2010
I have had my HTC hero for about 3 days now, and i really would like to start getting it looking the way i want, i have absolutely no idea how to theme android and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction?

Aslo i've been looking at some home replacements, what is the best option for me with my hero?

You need to have a home replacement app to install themes. There a lot of them out there, GDE, pandahome, ahome, openhome, sweeterhome, just to name a few. Then you can search for themes that work with that app. Some themes work on several apps. Each app has different features so find some reviews/videos or just download and try them out.

Of course you will not be able to run htc's sense ui & the home replacement app at the same time. While you can find themes that mimic the look of sense ui, htc's widgets won't work on them. At least I am unaware of any that do, but I don't have sense ui on my Droid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones