Wondering why the facebook app is really slow?Support

Last Updated:

1. JHannaman82

JHannaman82 Member This Topic's Starter

Its the RFS. Apparantly the facebook application has quite a bit more I/O operations than other applications. At first I thought the facebook software was not mature/behind the curve compared to other devices. After applying RyanZA's OCLF, the facebook application went from unusable to really good. Just sharing what I have learned. Samsung really gimped the phone with RFS. I wonder if a future ROM will forgo RFS for something more with the times.

Advertisement
  2. Frenzy2223

Frenzy2223 Well-Known Member

Yep, the Facebook app sucks! The time it takes to load pictures is unacceptable.

3. JHannaman82

JHannaman82 Member This Topic's Starter

That's not what I'm saying though. It's not the facebook application, its the File System on the phone. Once you apply the lag fix to work around the lack of an I/O buffer on the RFS, the facebook application flies. Did you read my post?

4. viny2cool

viny2cool Well-Known Member

interesting, facebook app for me works nice after recent update. before update also, i didnt had problem with pics or videos. It was just notification. I dont keep it open anyway, so after update when ever i use it it gives me notification and everything works good.

5. bakafish04

bakafish04 New Member

can you please teach me how to fix it to speed things up? even my yahoo messenger is really slow T___T