• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wonky alarm

thumperyz69

Jul 28, 2010
I have had the Nexus 5 for about 5 weeks now. Great phone except the alarm functions are unpredictable and jacked up. The following is intermittent and it applies to the stock alarm as well as 2 different ones I tried from Play store. Yesterday morning it was fine. This morning it was completely messed up. It doesn

Sounds like there are extraneous screen taps for some reason, rather than a problem with alarm apps. It happened on my N4 a few times, and the time switching to 24h happened often when I disabled the screen lock and random screen taps occurred while in my pocket.

Have you noticed any slow downs? Maybe something wet on the screen (drool?!)

Upvote 0
Install a screen touch app - one that shows where you're touching the screen. Then put the phone down and watch it for a while. If it's being "touched", either the touchscreen or the motherboard is defective (or you have a weird software bug).

Good call on that

You can also view screen touches without an app if you enable developer options. In settings>about phone, tap build number a bunch of times until it says you're a developer. Then hit back to find dev options in system settings, look for the view screen touches there

Upvote 0
I finally isolated the problem and it turns out that a wall charger can cause issues like this. I have charged it up and left it off charge and not one issue.

I hope this helps at least one person because it has driven me crazy.... Now if I can only solve why the Google newstand is severly broke on my N10..

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones