• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Won't boot after update

Hi guys.

The phone kept bugging there's a new update so I didn't resist and I updated my LG P500. I used the official LG updating SW and everything went smoothly. Just the phone won't boot up completely! :( No rooting, no nothing, just the official SW.
Weird thing is that I do have an unbranded phone from Slovakia and it flashed it with T-Mobile FW.

Now it shows the LG logo, then the T-Mobile animation, then the ANDROID animated logo... and that one, the ANDROID logo, keeps flashing as usually, just now it's been flashing for 30 minutes. It flashes completely every few seconds.

Is the phone bricked??? My Windows machine recognises it, the LG updater recognises the version... Just I cannot use it since the booting does not complete. Ever. Should I try to load the original kdz (V10a I presume)? Or will I mess it up even more?

HELP! Please? :( I browsed thru the forum and didn't seen a relevant topic. Did I miss it?

Ok, this might help someone.

I gave up waiting for the phone to boot up, it would obviously not. I downloaded an unbranded firmware KDZ (according to a tutorial here somewhere) from the LG site and flashed it into the phone using a unoficcial tool mentioned in the tutorial. Then I had to do a factory reset, fortunatelly from inside the phone OS, since it was complaining and resetting services. Now it's good as old :D

I think the problem was with the country and language selection in the official LG tool. My phone is unbranded and bought in Slovakia, so I chose country: Slovakia, language: English and it figured out I'm with T-Mobile. Which I'm not and that obviously ****ed up the boot.

I guess I'll update it sometime later.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones