• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wont boot up only 7 vibrations...

brikka

Lurker
Jan 29, 2012
:mad: Yesterday morning my DHD came out with a serious problem: WONT BOOT!!! :( After pressing power button, it still remained nothing bot only 7 vibrations. I thought that may be caused by a navigation app .
I searched all solutions but all in vain. And then I called HTC technical service and he said after pressing volume down and power should solve this problem, but everything will get lost. I did as he said but still only 7 vibrations after pressing these two buttons.
Technical service arranged a local express and will find out what the problem is.
I will post the result when I get my DHD back from HTC engineer.

:mad: Yesterday morning my DHD came out with a serious problem: WONT BOOT!!! :( After pressing power button, it still remained nothing bot only 7 vibrations. I thought that may be caused by a navigation app .
I searched all solutions but all in vain. And then I called HTC technical service and he said after pressing volume down and power should solve this problem, but everything will get lost. I did as he said but still only 7 vibrations after pressing these two buttons.
Technical service arranged a local express and will find out what the problem is.
I will post the result when I get my DHD back from HTC engineer.

What was the LED doing? What colour was it??

Oh and read here for same symptoms:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1203856

Found searching google...

Upvote 0
Hi Brikka, I am new to this thread, read your posting on January 31st concerning the problem in your HTC Desire, I have the same problem with my HTC Desire as well (cannot boot, just vibrations). Can you tell me what is the response from Technical service, did they find the source of the problem and how to solve it ?

Many thanks,

Upvote 0
i did quite a bit of searching on this awhile back,and unfortunately did not find any resolutions. from what i can gather,its a hardware failure that is not fixable with any software flashing or trickery. :(

the couple referecnces ive found that had the phone repaired by htc, pointed to a faulty motherboard,as mentioned above.

i wish i had some better news for you... but looks like your best bet is to send it into htc to be fixed. or if your handy with small electronic repair,you could find a working one with a damaged screen or case and make a good one from the two :)

Reactions: D-U-R-X
Upvote 0
Hi guys , I have the same fault with the bravo ( desire ) I can get into the boot loader and still get the 7 vibrates but always have issues flashing ruu. I assumed as the fault is quite common and usually related to after charging or having an app that caused the phone to get hot was an overheating issue. I put the phone in a zip lock bag , removed all of the air and placed it in the freezer for 5 minutes. After removing from the freezer and the phone would boot up without vibrating. Seems the cpu temp sensor works fine from 7.2 deg cels to about 12.9. any higher than that the phone wouldn’t reboot with out giving me 7 vibrations and boot loop. Resting the back of the phone on a cold pack for a couple of minutes will allow the phone to boot also. I haven’t disassemble it to see what the culprit is as yet , but it a good start for anyone else having simular issues

Upvote 0
Hi theriddler, and welcome to AF :)

Overheating is a common cause of this fault (though the fault is not common). In the case of the bravo it's usually a hardware fault, particularly in some early hardware revisions of that handset, and in my experience/observation a replacement motherboard is the only solution. If you find some mod that will improve this do let us know though.

Reactions: D-U-R-X
Upvote 0
Hi kirsty120695 , no, unfortunatly i havent found the fault that is causing the hardware failure as yet due to been mostly been active with other hobbies.Im not holding much hope either tho because im thinking the failure is most likely in the cpu or other jungle ic. I posted my findings as to help other try this method to recover anything from the phone before replacing it or bining it. I havent completly dismissed it and will update if i ever get around to taking it apart. At the moment these faulty phones are good for moscow or the polar ice caps

*edit*

Ok update .. after my post i decided to dissasemble this htc that was given to me DOA. i used a non contact temp sensor to see how the chips on the main board were doing when powered on, everything sat around 24 to 31 deg c. I noticed the main cpu qualcom?!? ( forget what it was now) jumped quite high rapidly to 34 deg c and thats when it dropped out into a boot loop. I decided that it was time for it to be reflowed after reading some reports that when the mainboard was cooked it the oven on 200deg c for 10 to 12 minutes "fixed" others ( this is a short time solution usally 1 month too many) I usally preheat the reverse side of the board with an electric gorege forman type pan and setup the reflow heater on the cpu for 20 to 30 seconds. after it cooled down and reassembley the phone seemed to work without dropping out. so far ive been using the phone for a few hours installing different apps and generally trying the keep the cpu maxed out to see how hot it gets . but it seems to sit fairly stable on 29 to 38 deg c. befoer i reinstalled the sheilds around the cpu and nand chip and put some heatsink compound on them before clipping the sheilds back into place , prolly unecessary but figured it couldnt hurt. so it seems in my case and others the cpu on the first revision of these phones arent soldered very well , or have production quality problems. In short, if you have the same issue and hoving over the bin with your phone and have nothing to loose and a bit of sence with disassembling phones , try reflowing the cpu. If you dont have a reflow station and try the oven method make sure you take steps to prevent stuffing it up completley. Remove everything from the mainboard. ie .. stickers , sim and micro card assembley , all the sheilds. preheat the oven to 200 deg c. if its a fan forced oven , use a baking tray and place a wire cake rack that your board will sit level and evenly on. place a very small piece of solder on the board away from any componets and solder pads, this will help indicate when the oven reaches melting temp. 10 to 12 minutes in the oven at 200 deg is usally long enuf but resaults may vary, this is why i suggests the solder on the board. when it melts leave for another 3 to 4 minutes longer. turn the oven off and open the door. leave to cool down for 20 minutes and then remove , reassemble. if all goes well your phone will come to life for a little longer. if it goes south .. the phone was going in the bin anyway :)
Ive baked things in the oven before getting a reflow station with mixed results. its not a reliable as the correct equipment.
hope this helps and makes sence as im typing from the said phone :)

J

Reactions: xtraordinary
Upvote 0
I have the same problem with my HTC Inspire 4G, I plug it to charge (the charger cord doesn't work very well) so I don't know if it made a short circuit or something but the cell phone don't do anything, just seven vibrations when try to power on.

see this post:
i did quite a bit of searching on this awhile back,and unfortunately did not find any resolutions. from what i can gather,its a hardware failure that is not fixable with any software flashing or trickery. :(

the couple referecnces ive found that had the phone repaired by htc, pointed to a faulty motherboard,as mentioned above.

i wish i had some better news for you... but looks like your best bet is to send it into htc to be fixed. or if your handy with small electronic repair,you could find a working one with a damaged screen or case and make a good one from the two :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones