1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Won't charge... Giant blinking battery?Support

1. SatelliteGuy

SatelliteGuy Well-Known Member

I have had my S2 for just over a month. I LOVE IT! However, the last couple days I have had a depressing development... it stopped charging. When I plug in any kind of charger, it shuts the phone down, and starts flashing a large battery on the screen. But it's not a good flash. It's like the image appears, and the phone recycles again. I am rooted running UnNamed, for two weeks.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Could it be the ROM? If so, why now? I havent abused the port, no debris, no visible damage.

I am running aftermarket batteries, but not to any point that they should be causing issues. 1800 mah I think. They fit behind the factory door, and no heat to speak of.

If I've lost my charging port, it's not the end of the world, as I have 9 batteries and 4 desk chargers, but it is a little unnerving to know the port doesnt work. I cant even use it for USB data cuz it shuts the phone down.

Advertisement
    :
  2. tambovskya

tambovskya Member

I might be wrong but the port might be flicking on and off, so try holding the port another way and it might charge then, but if not then it's something else. GoodLuck.
  3. rmreid

rmreid Well-Known Member

I don't have much to offer as I'm not having this issue, and my phone is not rooted, but do you get the same issues when using the stock Samsung battery and charger that came with the phone?
    If so I would bring it back to where you bought it and exchange it
  4. SatelliteGuy

SatelliteGuy Well-Known Member

Yea, same issue with the samsung battery and charger. Moving the charger around has no effect. I found a charging port/unit on ebay for $6 from china, so I ordered it. It is for the i9100 and I cannot find anything that says whether or not it's the same on the i777, but for $6, I went on and got it. I know there are a few minor HW differences, but I'm hopeful that it'll work. Also, could be the SW too, but I doubt it. It's been more than 30 days so I dont wanna take it back where I bought it. It'll probly just live with it for the next six months or so and take my partial upgrade to the skyrocket.
  5. rmreid

rmreid Well-Known Member

You could still have it replaced even though it is past 30 days as the phone is covered by a 1 yr warranty w/AT&T