Won't charge past 86%Support

Last Updated:

1. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar

I just got my one v and charged it over night but once it gets to 86% it stops charging. I'm use to using a rooted device so I don't know what else to try. I've rebooted, unplugged and plugged back in and nothing.

Advertisement
  2. SleepyheadKC

SleepyheadKC Member

This happened on my non-rooted device this week. In my case, it didn't show a charge past 93%. Then I noticed that, several hours after removing it from the charger, it still showed 93%. Later, it seemed to get "stuck" for a while at 31%.

To resolve, I let my phone run all the way down to zero, i.e. until it shut down with no power. I put it back on the charger at that point, and it charged back to 100%.

I've seen a few threads in this forum about this problem, and letting it drain completely seems to resolve it. I suspect that the battery itself is fine, but the Android/Sense software just isn't reading the battery level correctly.
  3. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar

That was my next trouble shoot that I'm doing right now, glad to hear that is likely the issue. I figured that was the issue. I'm starting to miss my recovery, wipe stats would be nice right now.
  4. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar

So today worked for a day..... Then it wouldn't go past 80%.... So I charged it until the indicator on screen turned off, led stays orange, did a simulated battery pull by holding power until the keys flashed then when it rebooted it was at 100% good so far.
  5. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

Here's something you can try. Reboot into bootloader, select FASTBOOT and POWER OFF. It's now off for real, not the sleep mode off.

Then plug in the USB cable and charge it until the LED turns green, unplug it and turn the phone back on. I'll bet it's at 100%!