• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Won't connect to my router via WiFi

Just wanted to say that I had the same problem. The app was taking forever to download. If a phone app is taking hours to download, something is wrong.

I shut down my modem, waited 30 seconds and powered it up again. Lo and behold, the app installed almost immediately. Thanks to the hints posted here.
I registered to tell you that this really worked.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem. I have the motorola fire and my wi-fi network is called TNZ-2630 I have no trouble connecting to it from my ipod but my phone says 'scanning' then 'disconnected'. My phone picks up my neighbours wi-fi when I am at her house. We have two wireless networks in the house and my phone picks up one of them but not the one that is currently connected to the computers?

Upvote 0
I have the same exact problem. I just received a brand new Samsung Infuse 4g and each time I try to put in my password for my linksys router, the previous screen shows up and I have to put in my password all over again. It will not let me connect to my wireless router.

It also says under my network that it is Disabled.

I've tried switching from WPA2/WPA to WEP and still nothing happens. My phone runs on Android 2.2 if that helps any bit at all.

My wifi on my phone works because I went to at&t and I picked up their wireless connection

Upvote 0
I have the same exact problem. I just received a brand new Samsung Infuse 4g and each time I try to put in my password for my linksys router, the previous screen shows up and I have to put in my password all over again. It will not let me connect to my wireless router.

It also says under my network that it is Disabled.

I've tried switching from WPA2/WPA to WEP and still nothing happens. My phone runs on Android 2.2 if that helps any bit at all.

My wifi on my phone works because I went to at&t and I picked up their wireless connection

My Galaxy S2 did the same thing, only thing I did was to turn off my verizon router over night. Also shut down everything laptop/workstations that connect to this router. I did a little more than I should, you can try for an hour instead. Next morning, turned on router and waited a little bit for it came online fully then turn on my Galaxy S2, it connected to my home wifi instantly. After that I turned on the rest laptop/workstation.

Upvote 0
Just solved the problem with a new D-Link DSL2860 router and my G2 touch (UK version of the HTC Hero).

Wireless was not visible when new router installed. Was fine with old router. PC, tablet and LG phone all operating fine with new wifi.

Read here about the b,g,n settings for the wifi and checked the router. Was set for b+g+n.
Anyway I clicked on b+g+n and clicked Apply Settings and wireless became visible.
Phone let me enter password but no connection occurred.

Changed to b+g only setting and applied it.

Bingo it works. Hope this helps somebody else and thanks to above postings that led me to the solution.

Upvote 0
O.k. I'm new on here but think I can solve this one. I had similar problems when I bought a wireless dongle for one of my PCs and couldn't get it to work.

I solved it by using the mac address filtering page on the router. I got the pc talking to the router but then lost connection to two android phones and a tablet. What I found was that by digging around on the devices I had and finding their mac addresses, I could manually put these into the mac filtering list on the router and everything now works OK.

Hope this is of some help to anyone else who encounters the same problem.

El Dad

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones