Won't connect to wifi!Support

1. PrinceCorwin

PrinceCorwin Well-Known Member

Anyone know why my phone suddenly won't connect to my home wifi? I've tried forgetting and reinputting the password, rebooting, disassembling sdcard and simcard... nothing. I just get this screen showing that the network is saved and secured but it won't turn on. HELP!

update: after resetting my router a couple of times, the problem fixed itself

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    :
  2. finndo77

finndo77 Well-Known Member

I had this issue a while back and found it had to do with the security setup of my router
    Aes/tkip
    No idea why it just started having problems, when I had not changed anything and had been working fine, but I even went so far as to spend $200 on a new router and had the same issues... but after changing the security setting it all started working again.
    PrinceCorwin likes this.
  3. PrinceCorwin

Greetings from Amber, finndo! What are the steps to change the security settings? This keeps happening repeatedly every couple of weeks where suddenly all VZ devices in the house refuse to connect to the wifi until I reset the router. The problem never affects non VZ devices.
  4. azoller1

azoller1 Well-Known Member Contributor

What i do to change the password is type http://192.168.1.1 in your address bar then the password for me was username:admin and password:admin if you have a linksys router and then click on security or something like that and change it to whatever you like

Edit: wait click on wireless then wireless security and then change it there
  5. finndo77

finndo77 Well-Known Member

Different places for different routers, but yeah that pretty much covers it, somewhere in your router's web akin page is wireless security, and it should be listed in there.

Avalon calls...
  6. PrinceCorwin

Give Ganelon my regards and remember to bring your gun!