won't lock anymore and shuts down on power buttonSupport

1. cerr

cerr Member

Hi There,

I have a glalaxy i5700 and I loaded the Leshak kernel onto it a while ago. After that it worked fine for a few months and then suddenly, I can't lock the phone anymore.
    When pressing the lock button on the side, the screen would turn black but as soon as i hit another button, instead for asking for the unlock pattern, i get straight back to my home screen and also when i press the power off button, it doesn't ask me for plane mode or such, it powers off directly.

Another symptom is that sometimes calls are cut only like 90 seconds in or so and the phone reboots itself.... But then again, yesterday I was able to make a call and it didn't reboot, thus i say sometimes.

I probably could resolve these issues by doing a factory reset but I have had the same issues before (with the original kernel - resolved by reset) and i don't necessarily wanna keep resetting my phone every few months if there's a way around it. Anyone?
    Thank you tons!

Advertisement
  2. chancekalel

chancekalel New Member

I have the same issue! Although I didn't download the Leshak or anything like that, the only thing I downloaded was Urbanspoon last week. It also tells me I am now in safe mode, and it keeps reboting all the time. Help! I went to Rogers and the guy was a clueless guy!