Won't play video in Facebook App

1. littledogfido

littledogfido Member

Whenever I try to play a video in the Facebook App I get an error "Cannot play video" Won't play videos that I have previously played before the 2.2 update and it won't play the video I posted this morning, though it works fine from my pc on Facebook.

Any help would be appreciated

Advertisement
  2. littledogfido

littledogfido Member

Update...another person in my office with a droid is having the same issue with the app...maybe the app is broken... anyone else having this issue?
  3. littledogfido

littledogfido Member

Maybe it is a flash issue. When I right click on the video in Facebook on my pc it comes up with Flash 10 ... so maybe it will be fixed after the new update to the droid...come on update..
  4. littledogfido

littledogfido Member

Update..updated to FRG22D...it did not fix the issue..
  5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Did you install the Flash player app?

2.2 does not come with Flash already installed
  6. littledogfido

littledogfido Member

Ya I did right after I updated. I can play the videos just fine on my ipod touch facebook app. It seems like there could be something wrong with the droid app.
  7. ncognegro69

ncognegro69 New Member

I am having the same problem....some videos play, but most are met with the "Cannot play this video" error.
  8. claydoh22

claydoh22 New Member

I've had the same problem. The only way I found to fix it was to use VPlayer. Then when you click on a video in the Facebook App, it gives you the option to use the stock video player or VPlayer. Choose VPlayer and it should play pretty much all of them.
  9. NUNUTZ

NUNUTZ New Member

i've installed the vplayer trial..but still unable to play uploaded video..