Won't reconnect after airplane modeSupport

1. paul88888

paul88888 Member

Has anyone else had a problem with their U8150 where it won't reconnect to the 3G network after being in airplane mode for a long period?

I regularly switch my phone into airplane mode, because I'm using it only for data and don't want to waste the battery (and also, I don't like the buzzing sounds it causes in my clock-radio at night, when it's contacting the mothership).

However, if the phone is left in airplane mode for an extended period of time (say, over a day or so), it won't reconnect back to the network until it has been rebooted.

This is quite annoying, to say the least, because it's always at an inopportune moment, and the phone takes so damned long to reboot.

I'd love to know of a fix, if there is one.

Cheers,

Paul

Advertisement
    :
    krmamrani likes this.
  2. krmamrani

krmamrani New Member

doesn't seem to be a solution to this issue. I am having the same problem here
  3. paul88888

paul88888 Member

I don't seem to be having this problem much anymore; it might have been a result of the app that I was using to switch into airplane mode, although it seems unlikely.

I'm now using "Airplane Mode Widget", and haven't had the issue since I switched, as far as I can remember.
  4. nu2andy

nu2andy Well-Known Member

Hi paul88888, you don't need to use an APP for Airplane Mode - just press and hold the Power on button - options menu appears - select Airplane Mode. Same procedure to change out of Airplane Mode. Works fine for me. Neil.;)
  5. buzden

buzden New Member

Hi cannot unlockphone
  6. nu2andy

nu2andy Well-Known Member

Hi buzden, more info please. Have you set up a Lock Code?
    Or is it a SIM lock or Provider Lock? Neil.