• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help won't sign into google

lrb123

Lurker
Jan 9, 2011
I've had my Hero for about 9 months now, and haven't had any major problems. But recently, when I go to open up gmail, it'll open onto a blank, black screen and then suddenly close. It won't prompt me to force close, it'll just close on its own. I'm also not able to sign into google talk (it just stays on the "signing in" screen), and my apps won't download.
Also a problem (that I'm not sure is related), is that all my contacts have been duplicated. When I try delete one contact, it'll delete both. When I try to do menu -- view, it'll say that all of my contacts are from google and that i have none on my actual phone's memory, so selecting to only show google contacts doesn't work.
Has anyone had this problem or know what to do?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones