• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Won't stop reading email aloud with S-Pen Detached

Cargo353

Lurker
Mar 13, 2013
Ugh! Sometimes this thing starts reading my email when I open the app, sometimes it doesn't. I've made sure that talkback and drive mode are OFF but it randomly starts reading email aloud.

Right now, it will read the email aloud only if the s-pen is detached?? How do I turn this off??? It's driving me nuts! Not only does it talk, but when I try to close the email app, the screen goes black for a few seconds before it will actually shut up and close.

Help? I love this phone, just not the talking!

Ugh! Sometimes this thing starts reading my email when I open the app, sometimes it doesn't. I've made sure that talkback and drive mode are OFF but it randomly starts reading email aloud.

Right now, it will read the email aloud only if the s-pen is detached?? How do I turn this off??? It's driving me nuts! Not only does it talk, but when I try to close the email app, the screen goes black for a few seconds before it will actually shut up and close.

Help? I love this phone, just not the talking!

Hello Cargo. Welcome to the forums. Sorry such an annoying issue brought you here, but glad you joined us! :)

I'd go through the s-pen menus very carefully, reboot, then go through the "Accessibility" menu in the Settings area. "Talk Back" and a few other settings in there may be conflicting with the s-pen's configuration.

Be sure to reboot after any changes you make.

If no joy, go into the Application Manager in the main Settings area and clear cache and data on s-spen and all related widgets and apps, then reboot again.

Make sure everything is greyed out in the "Developer Options" menu.

If the issue is still there, I'm afraid a factory data reset may be your only other option ("Backup and Reset" in Main menu).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones