wont turn on sometimes after ICSSupport

1. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

My Thrive now has ICS but I do not know if that is causing the issue. But after booting up and playing with it and then putting it in sleep, when I take it out of sleep the screen won't turn on. The power and battery lights are lit but the screen will not turn on. I need to hold the power and volume up button and reboot it to get it back.

It does not do it every time I take it out of sleep. Its happened 3 times in the past hour but I've been trying to find out what would cause this all the time so I've done it a hundred times or so just fine.

Anyone else seeing this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

Sounds like the Sleep of Death (SOD). Doesn't seem like they fixed that issue. It's been a recurring issue on the Thrive.

Is your Thrive Rooted or Stock?
    gamul1 likes this.
  3. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

Stock. I have not rooted the tablet. Nor my Xoom which I am typing on now. I got the Thrive about 3 weeks ago and it had not done it once until today. Yesterday I got the OTA update for ICS. No issue last night but its happened multiple times today.
  4. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

And what is the sleep of death? Is that just a thrive thing? My Xoom did this once about 6 months ago but that was it. Had Toshiba fixed it at some point?
  5. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

Not really a "Thrive" thing. It's happened on Nook Colors. I'm not sure what other tablets. No, Toshiba has not fixed it.

Hold the power button down until it shuts off. Pull out the battery for a few minutes and put it back in and restart.