• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Won't turn on unless plugged in

lnp1122

Lurker
Sep 29, 2011
I recently recieved a remanufactured Samsung Epic phone as a replacement phone. It worked fine for two weeks until last night....

It kept going in and out of charging when plugged in. I thought it was the charger, but I have several and none seem to work. Then this morning it kept saying that it was 100% charged, or still showed the lightening icon for charging when it was teh opposite. Annoyed with the look, I took out my battery and restarted my phone. Now my phone will only turn on when it is plugged in. I have tried 2 batteries and multiple charges. And even after it comes back on, the screen notifications of my battery's status still seems to be wrong.

I am frustrated. I am guess I just need to take it in?? The bad thing about that is that at best I will get another remanufactured phone. I miss my old phone.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones