Won't use new notification ringtonesSupport

1. zusztfmq

zusztfmq New Member

I have the same phone as my sister (who's having this problem) and it works fine for me. We've tried removing the battery, turning off and on, and everything in between, but no matter what I change the notification ringtone to, it stays the same. I don't know what the problem is. I've tried customized ones, and default, and neither work. We're using Virgin Mobile if that matters. Her phone seems fine otherwise, don't see what's causing this.

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it.

Advertisement
  2. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Well-Known Member

Did you make sure that in the text messaging App it's set to "Play Notification Sound" instead of the default sound? That would be the first thing I checked. The Notification Sound & the Text Message sound are not the same. You have to go into the Messaging App and set the Text Messaging to play a custom tone or to use the notification sound that you have picked through the normal Android Sound panel.

Hope this helps. Have a wonderful evening!

~ ArmyX
    zusztfmq likes this.
  3. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

it can be funky at times, like a custom rt for txt messages for 1 person. only works for me
    if the message window isnt open. if an active window is open for said person, it wont play it..
  4. zusztfmq

zusztfmq New Member

Ah I didn't think about that, dumb me. I'll look into it. I'll post another update if that fixes it, thank you!
  5. zusztfmq

zusztfmq New Member

That did it! Thanks again.