Woo! I got my Eris back! Now I have an awake time problem.General

Last Updated:

1. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I just got the chance to reactivate my Eris tonight. Of course, I did. However, I noticed the battery isn't charging as fast as it used to. So I checked the battery, and found it was awake almost the entire time I've had the phone on.

It gets better. Under battery use, the only 4 things listed are Android System, Phone Idle, Display, and Cell Standby. All of which have the appropriate amount of percentages, as I did the airplane mode trick when I turned the phone back on.

I also checked OSMonitor, and nothing was using up the phone's CPU or battery.

What's going on? I tried searching, and didn't find anything related to my specific issue (all the threads/posts I found were because of the Cell Standby or sync issues), so I apologize if I may have worded my search wrong or something. And, I turned off Google's account sync, that didn't do anything, and I don't have Facebook synced...

Advertisement
  2. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

have the sense clock/weather widget? kill it, if so.

3. cmajpwc

I do, but I already tried disabling that and it didn't affect it. I've never had an issue with that widget, personally, although I know others have.

4. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

it might be worth running a task killer for awhile just to watch whats running. I've had uptime issues with amazon mp3 store and facebook widgets before also.

I don't use a task killer except for that purpose. normally just spare parts is all I have.

5. cmajpwc

So, I somehow fixed it. I rebooted the phone, and the awake time is seemingly fixed. I have no idea what was causing it. I'll monitor it for a while to make sure it's still normal. I haven't changed any settings or anything, removed apps, or changed the way I use the phone. All I did was reboot it, leading me to believe it was an issue with the sync for one of my apps.

Either way, it's fixed now, and my phone is back to the way it was when I gave it up =]

6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Glad you straightened that out.

Just a reminder, in menu > settings > applications > running services you can find out what's going on in the background in addition to what syncing and updating of apps, etc you have configured.