Word and PDF files

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by paertnershipdriod, May 17, 2010.

1. paertnershipdriod

paertnershipdriod Active Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Is there a program that will allow you to open MS word and PDF files? I get a lot of these in emails. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement

2. tebower

tebower Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    The phone comes with Quickoffice installed, so you should already be able to open them.

Alternatively, you could use Documents To Go. This program would allow you to actually edit Word, Excel, and view PPT and PDF.

3. paertnershipdriod

Mar 31, 2010
    I did notice that sometimes they open, but most of the time they don't. I think I will try documents to go. Thanks for the reply.

4. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    In the forum dog house.
    The Pro version allows you to actually create Word, XLS, PPT, & PDF documents. It's on the pricey side of most apps, but completes the funcionality of the Droid from a toy to an actual pocket PC, IMO.

5. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Male
    The attachment issue is a downfall of the android Gmail app itself. Try using the mobile gmail site.

6. paertnershipdriod

Mar 31, 2010
    I am using K9 mail, which works very well. I have downloaded Documents to go free version. I will probably need to purchase the paid version to get all I need.

7. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Use blackmoon attachsaver with a file explorer program like Astro and you're set!