1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Word documents on Droid?Support

1. lilbballer27

lilbballer27 Well-Known Member

How do I open a word document on my droid? I know how to put them on the droid just how do I open them? Do I need a certain app?

Advertisement
    :
  2. stupalmer36

stupalmer36 Active Member

Yes you need an app. Documents to Go.... does Word and Excel (free version only lets you view...not alter)
    lilbballer27 likes this.
  3. stevenlong

stevenlong Well-Known Member

I have Documents to Go on my Droid but when I open a word document (doc) it give me the choice of documents to go or quick office.
    The when I go look at application info I can see that quick office is in ROM (e.g. not able to uninstall).

So you might be able to use quick office without downloading anything.

And to open a document I use Astro to navigate to the file and the touch and the document opens.
  4. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

That's what I do. Out of the box, the missing element is being able to locate the files and initiate the "open" action. With attachments, the Gmail or email apps handle this, but for other files stored in no particular place on the memory card, a file manager of some type is necessary.

Also, if you place the files in the "download" folder you can open the browser and tap Menu > More > Downloads, then tap on the file to open it.