Word prediction not in browser?Support

Last Updated:

1. Hot Karl

Hot Karl New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Is word prediction suppose to work everytime yo use the keyboard?

Seems like mine only works with some of the applications. For example I do not get word prediciton when I enter text on the browser but it does work when i use the Handcent SMS application.

Thanks,

Advertisement
  2. haseltonk

haseltonk Member

I have been wondering the same thing. It would be great if there were some way to choose which applications use the predictive text. Like google - I hate doing a web search w/o it - although my typing has improved greatly since I first got the phone.

3. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

I've had occasions when it doesn't. Haven't paid enough attention to pinpoint when it does and doesn't. I'm more annoyed I can't cut and paste from the browser. Royal PITA and another knock on android being a true smartphone.

4. haseltonk

haseltonk Member

Sidebar - Are there any apps that will add a cut/paste button to every app/page?

5. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

one of my big annoyances also. I don't know what they were thinking. This can be a pain when entering long google searches. I also notice the keyboard just plain out sucks on forums when entering text. Word predication causes problems in text input boxes on sites. This is where I miss a hardware keyboard

6. haseltonk

haseltonk Member

When I had a pearl there was a simple way to turn what they called singletap on and off so that you could be sure you were entering the right word. I can't believe that there isn't a simple key right next to the one that brings you to the number keyboard that could turn predictive text on/off...?

7. Agerkvist

Agerkvist Member

Let's bump this abit, I'm puzzled over this aswell. Makes no sense at all text prediction is left out some places.

I tried installing HTC_IME mod, but it was too big for my Wildfire.

Any alternatives?

8. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

get smart keyboard (pro), it has the option to predict in browsers. On a side note, welcome to the Sprint HTC Hero forums lol.

9. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

I'm using the Dolphin Browser HD + Swype keyboard and it works great for me :D

10. shadders139

shadders139 Well-Known Member

so is using a 3rd party keyboard app the only solution to this problem? i agree that it is really annoying :(

11. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Member

Bump. Any progress here? Google w/o predictive sucks.