• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wordfeud - multiplayer Scrabble for Android

Is the scoring ok? I just played adagios (onto the end of dot) and only received 57 points. I was expecting 14 points for the word (as two single point letters were on triple score tiles) + 50 for using all seven letters + 5 (for dots)

edit: (Been years since I played scrabble) if I hit a DW and a TW is that five times the word score or six? I hit SUFFER (13 pts) onto HAW (haws 10 pts) the S was on a TW with the E on a DW so I ended up with 108 pts, so DW and TW were multiplied and not added.

Upvote 0
love the look of the app and seems to work great only have one issue with it:

there should be a time limit for each players turn, i've been waiting ten minutes for this guy to make a move! lol

I'd get used to that if I were you, hah - most of my games last at least a day or two. But you can have 20 games running at once; just have all 20 going and you'll usually find a few games awaiting your next move at any one time.

Upvote 0
Love the game, have got quite a few people playing it.

the push notifications only work about 50% of the time for me, other times i have to check the app to see if its my turn. Does anyone else experience this?

- a friends list would great
- experience points after a win and gradually level up would be cool
- pinch to zoom (though its fine the way it is now tbf)

keep up the good work :)

Upvote 0
the push notifications only work about 50% of the time for me, other times i have to check the app to see if its my turn. Does anyone else experience this?

I was feeling this problem too... it turned out TasKiller was killing all of my non-critical processes when my phone screen shut off, including WordFeud. If it's not running, it can't notify you! I added WordFeud to my TasKiller exceptions list and now I get my notices every time.

Upvote 0
If people are interested in playing with me, Let me know. Request a game: MrDivaNYC

I have a suggestion. I think the developer should allow anyone who doesn't play in 5 minutes to forfeit the game. Or at least allow us to end it. I now have about 6 games running which I have been using for almost 12 hours... And one of them is brand new. Person invited me to a game and never came back, so I'm stuck with his behind for 48 hours.

I would pay for this. It is fun and a time waster, when you are at work. The hours will just zip by!!!

MAKE A PRO VERSION ASAP! remove the 48 hour limit man!

JE

Upvote 0
If people are interested in playing with me, Let me know. Request a game: MrDivaNYC

I have a suggestion. I think the developer should allow anyone who doesn't play in 5 minutes to forfeit the game. Or at least allow us to end it. I now have about 6 games running which I have been using for almost 12 hours... And one of them is brand new. Person invited me to a game and never came back, so I'm stuck with his behind for 48 hours.

I would pay for this. It is fun and a time waster, when you are at work. The hours will just zip by!!!

MAKE A PRO VERSION ASAP! remove the 48 hour limit man!

JE

Do me a favor then, and if you see statnut, decline a game. I don't have the time to play a word every five minutes.

Upvote 0
Do me a favor then, and if you see statnut, decline a game. I don't have the time to play a word every five minutes.

Agreed. The beauty of the way this works is its asynchronicity. I could play somebody on the other side of the world who works two jobs and still be able to complete a game.
IMO 48 hours is about perfect to assume that the game is abandoned.

Upvote 0
Very nice app. Love the generous response time, it allows for laid back gaming. Possibly an option to start "quick game" with a shorter time limit, 10 minutes or whatever, so those who prefer faster games can be matched against people of a similar mind.

Can I ask which dictionaries are being used? Also, what rules?

Lastly, Swedish version next please? :)

Upvote 0
I just played a game that shows "completed" in the app, and it says I tied the opponent.

I have two tiles left that can be made into words, and he went first.

I assume the game ends when one player runs out of tiles? That's not a fair way to end the game, imo. Play should continue until its not possible to create a word. The opponent would just automatically pass play to me each time when out of tiles.

Upvote 0
I just played a game that shows "completed" in the app, and it says I tied the opponent.

I have two tiles left that can be made into words, and he went first.

I assume the game ends when one player runs out of tiles? That's not a fair way to end the game, imo. Play should continue until its not possible to create a word. The opponent would just automatically pass play to me each time when out of tiles.

That's simply the rules of the famous word game on which Wordfeud is based, I'm afraid. The game rewards the player who can first get rid of his last letter. I believe that player also gets a bonus for the points of your remaining letters, while you get a penalty. Don't get stuck with J when it ends!

v1.0.6 is now available on the market. I'll copy paste the changelog from the newly started Wordfeud Dev Blog:

It

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones