• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wordpress Saavy?

inssane

Android Expert
Dec 17, 2009
Chi-Town
OK -
I have never blogged, although I tend to think of myself as quite the writer (at times).
I am trying to get into graduate programs for psychotherapy and I need to supplement my tiny income somehow. I don't like cyberbegging and I am looking into google adsense and such, although with google as a whole, it seems that you need something to invest in advertising to get it going.
I registered for wordpress. The blog is "the Fornicating Gourmet" ---yes I am going into sex therapy, no this is not a pron site. :)
It is primarily educational and news based around sexuality.

I would like to drive traffic and I am considering a donate button, as I will be putting quality work and writing into this.

Any tips, sites, suggestions? I am sure you know how saturated with CRAP google is when you search for help on this particular topic.
Thanks
Nick

you said 'i registered for wp'
Then i assume its a blog hosted on wordpress.COM .
You cant show ads on wp blogs.

If really want to ,monitize your blog then it is highly recomended that you atleast but your own domain,
A basic hosting plan[i recommed blogger.com its free]

Tip-
Dont show much ads in the beginning ,first increase readership then gradually start showing ads.

Donate button makes you look greedy .

Upvote 0
you said 'i registered for wp'
Then i assume its a blog hosted on wordpress.COM .
You cant show ads on wp blogs.

If really want to ,monitize your blog then it is highly recomended that you atleast but your own domain,
A basic hosting plan[i recommed blogger.com its free]

Tip-
Dont show much ads in the beginning ,first increase readership then gradually start showing ads.

Donate button makes you look greedy .

Would you mind if I PM'd you here and there?
This is what I am gathering, but I have everything on the .com right now including lots of drafts. I "think" there is an option to switch, and my buddy can host my site.
I know about the donate button - also I just got it working properly in two places, for now I am going to take the sidebar button off and leave a page - that way you are not forced to look at it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones