1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Words are missing letters throughout any app?Support

1. bcraig10488

bcraig10488 Member

Ended up calling support and they recommended I take it back to the store I got it from.

Hi Guys,

I just picked up a Nexus 10 today and it's having an odd issue I was wondering if you guys had seen it yet. Searching didn't seem to come up with quite the issue I have although some were kind of close.

My problem is that throughout random apps at random times on the tablet, letters are just missing. For example Google may show up 'ooge'

I attached a picture of a youtube page to try and demonstrate. As I said I just got this today, and I've already factory reset it as I would assume this is an issue at the OS level but that did not seem to help. I also upgraded to the latest version of Jellybean with no success. Any suggestions or should I just take it back??

Edit : Notice on the right side where it is most frequent in this example

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
  2. Bhelios

Bhelios Well-Known Member

I tried to call tech support but phone doesn't have a 5 button... /wink.

Very odd -- I would definitely take it back.
  3. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

I have not seen this or replicate it. Very Very Odd!
  4. bcraig10488

bcraig10488 Member

It was extremely weird! I called google tech support lastnight before I took it back and they had never heard of the issue. I sent them that picture and the lady I spoke too was amazed and baffled. She told me to either take it back or call Samsung for hardware support (as I didn't buy it through Play)

So I took it back to Walmart last night and exchanged it. Had the new one fully set up before the battery was done charging. So far I am loving it and have no complaints on this one! (aside from maybe the lack of SD expansion that everybody knows about)
  5. dibblebill

dibblebill Well-Known Member

I actually just started having these issues.