Words With Friends On Sony SSupport

Last Updated:

1. spoilingpets

spoilingpets Member

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 in I can play WWF all day long on that tablet, now I have the new Sony S and it is running Android 3.2.1 Now it says that WWF is not compatible.

Can anyone tell me what it means to sideload an App and how to do it from the Galaxy to the Sony. I am now carrying two tablets because I have to play my games of WWF. Otherwise I would retire the galaxy and lighten my purse!

I am technically challenged.

Thank you in advance

Advertisement
  2. davect01

davect01 Active Member

I have not used this program yet. Hopefully someone has an answer for you.
  3. Digital Jester

Digital Jester Well-Known Member

Only thing I can think of is that your Galaxy tab is 3G and your Tablet S is Wi-Fi only. There's no reason why the app shouldn't run.
  4. ericreinhardt

ericreinhardt Well-Known Member

I downloaded and I am playing it with no problems.
  5. spoilingpets

spoilingpets Member

Eric,

What version of Android are you running WWF on, I have the 3.2.1 and it really doesnt seem to like a lot programs.

When we opened the Sony Tablet the first thing it had us do was update it to Android 3.2.1
  6. andr01d

andr01d Well-Known Member

i'm playing the free version on the Tablet S now but the other person disappeared for the last 8 minutes :/

edit: even longer now, and i can't resign/quit ha ha :| hmm...
    bye.
  7. andr01d

That person came back the other day and placed a word on the board. Of course i missed it for like 2 days (hey i'm a newbie!!:eek:) So i quickly placed a word and that person did too some time after that. Looks like that person is not mad at me, didn't sent any (nasty) message, and didn't unplug the entire game ha ha.

It turns out this is a nice but a s....l....o..w game. Hey that's cool... the battery can last longer!! And we don't have to sit there looking at the tablet all night. I started 2 other new games/sessions last night - hey now i know what to do, like... check it more often!! :)

I also just installed it on my phone a few minutes ago ...uh-oh this is becoming a big problem/habit!!! :D

bye
  8. coffeegirl18

coffeegirl18 Member

I was wondering if Words With Friends worked on my tablet...I just got it yesturday :D I didn't do the system update so I'll wait to do so later.
  9. andr01d

Yeah it does somewhat work on the tablet.
    One thing i noticed is it's like version 3.6x on the tablet no matter how many times i reinstall it, but it's the latest ver 4.8x on my cell phone. I'm hoping to use the newer version as the v4.8x (on the phone) appears to sync better/faster or more often.... this is for the impatient guys ha ha. Sometime i run a dozen games now :| Bye.