• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WordWise Now on iPhone and Android

So, android users can play with iphone users???

Comments state wordfeud is way better and FREE.

Android users can now play with iPhone users, yes.

WordWise on Android actually has two versions: Pro and Free. The Free version has ads and has a limit of 3 concurrent games. The Pro version is 99 cents, has no ads, and allows up to 100 concurrent games.

As for which one is better, I suppose that's a personal preference, though WordWise does offer an ad-free version, while Wordfeud does not. WordWise is now cross-platform with iPhone, while Wordfeud is not. WordWise continues to add new features (this week we will release a version with pass-and-play functionality), so we hope some people will at least try it out if they haven't before.

Reactions: secretLOVER
Upvote 0
Did you folks see the permissions it wants? They don't seem necessary to me.

WordWise Free requires these permissions:

Your personal information
read contact data

Services that cost you money
directly call phone numbers

Your location
coarse (network-based) location

Network communication
full Internet access, view network state

Your accounts
discover known accounts, manage the accounts list, use the authentication credentials of an account

Phone calls
read phone state and identity

Hardware controls
control vibrator

System tools
change network connectivity, retrieve running applications

Upvote 0

Contact data permissions are used to access your contacts to autocomplete emails when you invite a friend.

Account credential permissions are used to automatically authenticate you to our servers (we use Google App Engine as our server technology, which uses Google accounts for authentication).

Phone calls and locations permissions are used by ad services. WordWise Pro does not have ads, but we use the same code base for both WordWise Pro and WordWise Free for simplicity, so the apps use the same permissions.

Our privacy policy is posted online here:

WordWise Policies

If you have any other questions about specific permissions or anything else, ask here or send us a mail at polyclefsoftware@gmail.com.

Upvote 0
Wow thats great that Iphone use play game with android user. but personally I like android more the Iphone os. because you can send any data from bluetooth and you dont need a I tune to do any thing.
How is this relevant? Please take your tired "Android is better than iPhone" rant elsewhere. Plenty of other Android users have friends with iPhones and would benefit from games that can compete cross-platform.

You might want to read up on the various permissions and what they entail. It's not always as straightforward as just reading the description of the permission.

Upvote 0
You might want to read up on the various permissions and what they entail. It's not always as straightforward as just reading the description of the permission.

yeah, I know there are innocuous reasons for most of the permissions, but if they aren't necessary, I would much rather they weren't required by the app. The developer even stated (above in this thread) that it's merely convenient for him to leave them in:
Phone calls and locations permissions are used by ad services. WordWise Pro does not have ads, but we use the same code base for both WordWise Pro and WordWise Free for simplicity, so the apps use the same permissions.
You can say they aren't used, but I'd have a much easier time believing it the app didn't have the access to do it. As I read about more and more reports of apps maliciously or even accidentally mishandling my personal information, this privacy and comfort is part of the reason I would pay for an app as opposed to using a free version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones