1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

WordWise Now on iPhone and Android

Last Updated:

1. polyclef

polyclef Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm happy to announce that WordWise is now available for the iPhone, so those of you with friends and family with iPhones can now play one another.

WordWise with iPhone requires a Google account for login and is currently 99 cents in the iTunes App Store.

Advertisement
  2. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

So, android users can play with iphone users???

Comments state wordfeud is way better and FREE.

3. polyclef

Android users can now play with iPhone users, yes.

WordWise on Android actually has two versions: Pro and Free. The Free version has ads and has a limit of 3 concurrent games. The Pro version is 99 cents, has no ads, and allows up to 100 concurrent games.

As for which one is better, I suppose that's a personal preference, though WordWise does offer an ad-free version, while Wordfeud does not. WordWise is now cross-platform with iPhone, while Wordfeud is not. WordWise continues to add new features (this week we will release a version with pass-and-play functionality), so we hope some people will at least try it out if they haven't before.

secretLOVER likes this.
  4. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

Did you folks see the permissions it wants? They don't seem necessary to me.

5. polyclef

Contact data permissions are used to access your contacts to autocomplete emails when you invite a friend.

Account credential permissions are used to automatically authenticate you to our servers (we use Google App Engine as our server technology, which uses Google accounts for authentication).

Phone calls and locations permissions are used by ad services. WordWise Pro does not have ads, but we use the same code base for both WordWise Pro and WordWise Free for simplicity, so the apps use the same permissions.

Our privacy policy is posted online here:

WordWise Policies

If you have any other questions about specific permissions or anything else, ask here or send us a mail at polyclefsoftware@gmail.com.

6. edytwinky

edytwinky Well-Known Member

My iPhone friends say the WordWise program is extremely buggy. I hope that can get fixed soon as many of my friends have iPhones and i'd love to play wordwise with them.

7. Lefort1

Lefort1 Well-Known Member

I'll wait for WordFeud or Words with Friends to port on over to each side.

I HATED the UI and gameplay of Word Wise! $0.99 is no problem, but it doesn't have the slick feel of the others.

8. edytwinky

edytwinky Well-Known Member

I actually enjoy this game and hope improvements are made for iPhone and Android users. I purchased the pro version. The dev's pretty good at responding.

I guess theres an update coming out soon

9. convarobin

convarobin Member

Wow thats great that Iphone use play game with android user. but personally I like android more the Iphone os. because you can send any data from bluetooth and you dont need a I tune to do any thing.

10. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

Way off topic there fella. :confused:

11. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

How is this relevant? Please take your tired "Android is better than iPhone" rant elsewhere. Plenty of other Android users have friends with iPhones and would benefit from games that can compete cross-platform.

You might want to read up on the various permissions and what they entail. It's not always as straightforward as just reading the description of the permission.

12. reddaltoids

reddaltoids New Member

yeah, I know there are innocuous reasons for most of the permissions, but if they aren't necessary, I would much rather they weren't required by the app. The developer even stated (above in this thread) that it's merely convenient for him to leave them in:
    Phone calls and locations permissions are used by ad services. WordWise Pro does not have ads, but we use the same code base for both WordWise Pro and WordWise Free for simplicity, so the apps use the same permissions.
    You can say they aren't used, but I'd have a much easier time believing it the app didn't have the access to do it. As I read about more and more reports of apps maliciously or even accidentally mishandling my personal information, this privacy and comfort is part of the reason I would pay for an app as opposed to using a free version.