• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Work in progress - scaling video on c03ref/f16ref

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issue not solved.... For some reason, scaling on both frame buffers must be turned off when reproducing video...

If anyone solved scaling issue during video reproduction on Amlogic chipset (8726Mx, GB or ICS, doesn't matter), feel free to share :)

I tried to fix the problem by modifying enable_freescale_MBX, disable_freescale_MBX and GL_2X_scale in LibPlayer/amplayer/player_set_sys.c which are called by mediaplayerservice but with no luck so far.

Upvote 0
Would you share the method or code that fixes it. Or provide a pointer to where we should look in the gingerbread code.

It all goes trough AmPlayer, packages/amlogic/LibPlayer/amplayer/player_set_sys.c. Enable/disable freescale and enable/disable 2x/2xy scale functions...

See what functions are called in AmlogicPlayer.c inside frameworks/base/media/libmediaplayerservice.

Idea is to read ubootenv variables instead of default ones...

Edit: Now I was looking at ICS branch, but on GB sources should be the same, I remember I tried to fix that on gb as well...

Reactions: cheeyee
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones