• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Work Intranet Page not connecting

willdogs

Android Enthusiast
Dec 7, 2009
Using the broswer, I am trying to access my companies intranet homepage.

When I try to access the link, it usually presents a pop up login box but using the Eris it dows not.

I get a page "You are not authorized to view this page" web page...

Anyone else have this issue? Is this a limitation of Android? I've tried messing with all the settings and still nothing. No way to Log Into the page.

I've even tried using Dolphin Browser, same thing.

I believe we use Microsoft Sharepoint and other microsoft back end products

Since your phone is probably not part of the domain, I don't think you'll be able to see any sites on your corporate Intranet. There could be some other roadblocks too like if your company uses PKI and has softcerts installed on all clients, you're phone will also not work. I'm also assuming you're connected to your corporate network via WiFi, otherwise you'd need some type of VPN connectivity (either via client or SSL/TLS, if your corporate IT security personnel know anything at all). :D

Upvote 0
Since your phone is probably not part of the domain, I don't think you'll be able to see any sites on your corporate Intranet. There could be some other roadblocks too like if your company uses PKI and has softcerts installed on all clients, you're phone will also not work. I'm also assuming you're connected to your corporate network via WiFi, otherwise you'd need some type of VPN connectivity (either via client or SSL/TLS, if your corporate IT security personnel know anything at all). :D

Our intranet site is designed to be access from anywhere, no need to be part of the domain.

It works from any PC using any browser. It also works using the browser on my Ipod Touch.

I'm guessing it has something to do with either android or the browsers cant handle the security.

Upvote 0
Our intranet site is designed to be access from anywhere, no need to be part of the domain.

It works from any PC using any browser. It also works using the browser on my Ipod Touch.

I'm guessing it has something to do with either android or the browsers cant handle the security.

hmm... That is strange, I would have thought it was something with security but I am not quite sure now.

Upvote 0
Anyone ever find out about this? I have the same problem with my works internal sites. I never get a login prompt, just the "you're not authorized" page. Works with all browsers on Linux, just not Android.

Oh, the sites I'm having problems with are corporate sites using sharepoint. A local CUPS installation prompts me for login credentials just fine.

Upvote 0
I tried all of that, none of it makes a difference. The CUPS page I access does pop up a login dialog that works fine. It seems to have something to do with the MS Sharepoint web pages.

Both Chrome and Firefox, on my Linux box, not on the domain, pop up a dialog box, and let me in with the correct credentials. The page I get on Android is the same one I get if I hit cancel on the login dialog.

Standard browser and Dolphin behave the same way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones