• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Working: App2SD for Prevail 2

Quadraphone

Jun 10, 2014
Hi all -

Here's what worked for me:

Make sure to back up your SD card first!

First - I followed the sticky on how to root the Prevail 2 - it worked like a charm, but then I RTFM :D

I did Google "Framaroot" and downloaded the latest version 1.9.4 (which includes SuperSU), but otherwise I followed the directions in the post and it worked.

Second - I downloaded AParted which is an Android partition manager not unlike GParted. I rebooted my phone just to be safe.

Third - I launched AParted (and confirmed that I want to grant it root access in the SuperSU pop-up) and I partitioned my SD card into 2 partitions:

1. The first partition is for media (the partition your phone will be able to see), I formatted it as FAT32 so Windows and the phone would be able to read it.
  2. The second and final partition I created is for applications - so I chose to format it with EXT4, which is a fast and journaled file system.

Fourth - After saving/applying, I rebooted my phone just to be safe.

Fifth - I launched Link2SD, confirmed that I want to grant it root permissions in the SuperSU pop-up, and started moving (Link2SD calls this "Linking") apps to the third partition I created.

I found that the phone was noticeably faster after moving applications to the SD card - I'm not sure why this is, but it was noticeably faster after freeing up some room on the phone.

Hope this helps!

I would post some helpful links, but I'm on newbie lockdown. I Googled "how to use AParted", and "how to use Link2SD".

Reactions: creed10 and Rukbat

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones