Working CallerID app (show/hide your own outgoing number)Tips

Last Updated:

1. smashedrat2010

smashedrat2010 Active Member

Ive upgraded to a S3 from a HTC Desire, on the Desire i had a simple app called CallerID pressing it dialled *31# which turned on/off my outgoing number, this is my works and personal phone so i always have my number hidden when ringing clients.

This app doesnt work with the S3 it attempts to dial the number as if it a phone number and just gives and error and hangs up.

Are there any similar apps out there that do this that i can try, typing caller id into PlayStore gives me a load of fancy looking caller id screens which isnt what im after at all.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

You don't need an app

Simply press "phone icon" once at the keypad, Press options (bottom left) then select call settings, then scroll until you see "additional settings" NOT "additional settings for call" - below that, then caller ID options are at the top of the screen.
  3. breezex

breezex Well-Known Member

Verizon options are totally different. Additional settings has only "Noise reduction". This is why answering a question about GS3 usability is so difficult if you do not know the carrier and GS3 variant.
  4. rimjay

rimjay Well-Known Member

I have the gs3 on vz, and it sucks that our phones are so different than other carriers...maybe i made the wrong choice and wasted my upgrade...time will tell
  5. speedfan

speedfan Well-Known Member

Sprint's version is the same way.